SAP Mobility Developer (Sr Analyst – IS Development)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As we embark on our ambitious journey to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, as part of our diverse team of talented professionals, you will be fueled by a passion for technology and a desire to build, deploy and maintain world-class systems.
Embracing emerging technology and process leadership are important, as our people work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams and vendors to optimize value for the organization.
Ideally, you have solid foundational experience in supporting SAP Systems within a large-scale SAP environment. Our leading-edge SAP environment is comprised of our key S/4 HANA, EWM, APO, SRM, CRM, BOBJ and BPC systems as well as numerous other systems. Focus of this role will be for development, maintenance and support of mobile applications. Your strong technical skills allow you to work both independently and in team settings. You will be part of a team heavily involved in design/architecture, best practices, installation, troubleshooting, performance tuning and administration of various applications.
Reporting to the Director of ERP Release & Development, Integration team, the primary responsibility of this role is to focus on designing and developing robust application solutions to support project application implementations.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Collaborate with all IS teams (Basis, Security, Development and Application teams) and with all Business Units and participate in requirements gathering, systems analysis, troubleshooting/root cause analysis and estimating development effort.
- Design, develop, maintain and support multiple applications and services while adhering to MLF development standards
- Build test data, conduct unit and integration testing and analyze problems
- Perform peer development code reviews to ensure code complies with development standards and best practices
- Prepare comprehensive and thorough technical documentation
- Learn new development technologies and concepts to support MLF application and development requirements
- Maintain awareness of best practice and trends in other digital technologies/platforms such as but not limited to AR, AI, ML, RPA, IOT and Big Data.
- Provide technical support to our functional IS teams and Business which includes participation on a 24/7 weekly team rotation
- Work with various external consultants
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience developing mobile applications, preferably with SAP as the backend system.
- University undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAP and an ability to architect solutions spanning Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, etc.
- Solid business knowledge and experience in CPG or manufacturing industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for the development of strategy, guidelines, policies, standards, and best practices
- Strong influencing, facilitation, negotiation and relationship management skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under one’s own initiative and under tight timelines - planning, prioritizing and controlling own workload
- Proficient in MS Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Power BI
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Deep knowledge in developing mobile applications using SWIFT 4.0 and up, XCode 12.4 and various frameworks in the iOS stack, SAP BTP iOS SDK and OData is a must
- Experience in programming using Objective-C is a plus
- Familiarity with SOAP & REST, SQL, XML, JSON and data modeling
- Experience in SAP Business Technology Platform – Application Development and Integration Services
- Experience in designing UX for mobile devices
- Experience in Agile methodology and DevOps
- Familiarity with ABAP coding and SAP enhancements framework, creating but not limited to development of interfaces (via IDOCs, BAPIs, PI and MII), Forms (via Smart forms, SAP Script, PDF), Reports
- Experience in ADT, CDS Views, Code Push Down Development, SAP FIORI, GIT, API, Microservices, Cloud Integration, Service Oriented Architecture, HTML5/SAPUI5 and ABAP Restful Application Programming is a plus.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.