Material Supply Coordinator
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position coordinates all plant and packaging supplies to ensure that they are available to meet production needs, while continuing to stay within budget.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinate all issues related to deliveries
- Central contact to the plant for a variety of purchasing activities
- Work closely with Quality Assurance
- Ensure the receiving and storage of all primary and secondary packaging and ingredient inventories remain in compliance with HACCP and CFIA Regulations
- Assist Process Specialists as required when implementing new products or packaging design and approve process steps as applicable
- Ensure employee safety and compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensure Quality Compliance with all HACCP procedures
- Monitor accounts payable and follow up on blocked/parked PO’s with purchasing
- Work with Corporate purchasing to update catalogues to meet Ops requirements
- Supports packaging and ingredient inventory counts and works with operations to ensure any adjustments are accurate
- Works closely with all operation team members to ensure material needs are met
- Other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education would be preferred and/or equivalent industry experience
- 2-3 years practical purchasing experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, SAP, and Ariba
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and cross functional teams
- Team Player
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.