POSITION(S): Hatchery Maintenance Technician (Permanent, Full-Time)
LOCATION: 90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Our work includes everything from production and gathering of hatching eggs to incubation and delivery of chicks to customers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday with a typical 6AM start time. An integral part of the Hatchery Maintenance team, this position is responsible for maintenance of hatchery equipment and buildings. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Preventative maintenance
- Perform general maintenance functions on fleet, plant equipment, buildings, etc.
- Perform daily monitoring of incubation equipment
- Troubleshooting incubation and plant equipment issues across all shifts
- Complete logs of all work performed
- Completing documentation for hatchery receiving
- Meet HACCP, Health & Safety and other legislated requirements
- Backup to other areas of hatchery as required
- Investigate and find solutions to emergency breakdown
- Investigate and correct animal welfare issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all HACCP/Biosecurity procedures/Animal Welfare procedures
- Proven maintenance experience a must
- Gas Technician and/or HVAC License a definite asset
- Knowledge of Hatchery processes an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Proven Communication and positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Capable of lifting 30 – 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Ability to wear a full-face respirator and work in a wet/humid environment
- Physically able to pull and move racks of chicks from Hatch rooms to separator area
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting opportunity, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.