DZ Delivery Driver
70 Heritage Drive, New Hamburg, Ontario
- $24.01/hour after 3 months of employment
- $24.51/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in New Hamburg, ON and presently employees approximately 120 employees between in the hatchery. Currently, the New Hamburg Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
Maple Leaf Foods is looking for an experienced DZ driver with both automatic and standard transmission experience. The delivery driver is responsible for ensuring a timely and safe delivery of product to customer locations while providing professional service in a team-oriented environment. The delivery driver is also responsible for coordinating the unload with hands-on support in collaboration with a delivery helper.
SHIFT: Full-time Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
*Must be available on Wednesdays and Saturdays if needed
- Safe transportation of product to customer locations
- Completing circle check, log books, and other regulatory requirements including truck maintenance
- Manual loading and unloading of product according to plant and customer specifications
- Collaborating with various teams throughout the day
- Provide direction and guidance to Driver Helper to meet customer requirements
- Supporting training needs for new hires as an overall team
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have valid minimum DZ license or equivalent with clean driver’s abstract
- Must have 3-5 years driving experience with a D license or equivalent
- Must have minimum 1 year experience driving standard transmission
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Agricultural background is considered an asset
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job complete
- Must be in good physical condition - able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- Delivery experience an asset
- Must be able to follow SOP’S & schedules
- Must adhere to HACCP requirements
- Must have great interpersonal skills
WHY Maple Leaf Foods, New Hamburg?
- Training provided where needed
- Reputable company
- Competitive wages
- Benefits & Pension
- Small, team-oriented environment
- Strong focus on internal advancement
Resumes can be dropped off in person at 70 Heritage Drive in New Hamburg.
By Fax: 519-662-3637 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible