A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Support the Maintenance Manager in executing on maintenance and MRO planning and management best practices in day-to-day operations and developing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintenance Planning (What and How) and Scheduling (When and Who):
- Plan all maintenance activities; prioritize work by criticality; manage backlog by optimizing resources (labor/time/contractors).
- Create and assign work-orders in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor/Manager; close work orders in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Estimate work including shutdown and overhauls (scope, time, material, labor).
- Create and improve bill of materials, effective job plans, and Preventive Maintenance routines.
- Follow up on work collected during execution; review, monitor, and improve work orders’ quality, completion, and relevance.
- Create and effectively manage master schedule.
- Schedule work including tools, material, labor, and contractors.
- Create Purchase Orders, and guide outside personnel through plant per current MLF Personal Protective Equipment guidelines and policies.
- Identify, manage, and eliminate schedule constraints.
- Coordinate and facilitate planning & scheduling meetings;
- Managing carryover work.
- MRO and Warehouse Management:
- Track and report on MRO inventory usage and movement, replenishment, physical stock movements, inventory levels, repairs and refurbished parts.
- Plan, track, and coordinate stock transfers and purchases to maintain inventory levels and deliver effective and timely inventory replenishment.
- Lead the support in purchase order and invoice resolution activities, where applicable.
- Perform slotting optimization and re-structure spare parts inventory to support continuous improvement of part accessibility, search-ability, handling, and visual management.
- Organize and execute work order reversals, physical return to stock, and inventory disposition.
- Control and facilitate work order creation and satellite parts picking and issuing, in partnership with Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
- Monitor and manage scheduled-pick list.
- Establish and adjusting MRP control parameters by part and SAP location.
- Assemble and deliver work order kits as per maintenance schedule.
- Lead physical inventory cycle count and inventory reconciliation activities per defined schedule and perform root cause analysis to explain and mitigate variances.
- Manage vendor-returns and replacements.
- Manage Maintenance Shop using best-in-class practices (5S, FIFO, Safety, frequency of use, space management, security).
- Optimize on-hand inventory and reducing excess and part shortages.
- Systems, Reporting, and Analytics:
- Effectively navigate, create, monitor, analyze, improve, and change-manage work order and MRO data quality
- Ensure of work order quality, completion, and relevance in SAP per best-practices, Standards, and SOP’s.
- Calculate, report on, track, and explain work and MRO management metrics and analytics.
- Support the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager in all budgeting activities and cost centers.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, MSDS and BRC policy requirements
- Rely on instructions, manuals and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Be flexible, capable, and willing to provide assistance where necessary
- Other responsibilities as required
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education in business, engineering, industrial programs & trades, or manufacturing with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with SAP – PM and SRM modules or similar CMMS, MRP, and purchasing systems is an asset
- Competency in a Windows based environment with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel/Word
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with shop personnel, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel
- Strong knowledge of maintenance planning, scheduling, inventory and warehouse management best practices
- 2 – 3 years of maintenance planning, scheduling, warehouse or parts inventory management experience
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Able to perform cost analysis and work within a structural budget
- Perform internet searches and research efficiently
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.