Powerhouse Shift Engineer (2nd Class)
REPORTS TO: General Maintenance Supervisor – Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment
LOCATION: Brandon, Manitoba
SCHEDULE: 12 hours (Rotating) Days/Nights/Weekends
Our pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual to join the Maple Leaf family. Are you motivated, ready to be challenged and are driven to succeed in an environment that rewards success? Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
- Operation of the powerhouse on a shift basis
- Powerhouse equipment consists of Water treatment system – softeners, chemical feed systems, condensate return system.
- Operation of three gas fired boilers – two 700 HP Cleaver-Brooks HRTs, one 112 HP water tube Operation of 15 NH3 compressors and 8675 tons of refrigeration
- Insure supply of steam, electricity, refrigeration, air and water to process is maintained at all times
- Operation of plant air system – three compressors, heated regenerative desiccant air dryer
- Monitor fire system – report deficiencies as found
- Heating and ventilation system operation and inspection by another shift help.
- Monitor and do inventory on powerhouse equipment, chemicals and supplies.
- Perform required testing on equipment and systems (water treatment, oil sampling, boiler controls, etc.) to insure all safety systems are fully functional at all time.
- Report any problems or serious needs that should be addressed to pass on to relieving Shift personnel. Maintain logbook as required by Operating Engineer’s Act
- Control and authorize any work, testing during shift operation.
- Responsible for safe operation of the Power plant and all work activities in plant during shift.
- Written and verbal communications with plant personnel, customer service, packaging supervisors, process supervisors, maintenance personnel and plant operators
- Work in production environment
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Power Engineer Second Class is required
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a power plant operation as a 2nd class is required
- Good Practices and safe operation of power plant
- Proficient computer skills with standard software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, flexible
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Capable of lifting 10 kg up and down stairs
- Previous work experience in boiler, ammonia refrigeration, steam and power distribution
- Previous work/experience, PLC an asset
- Troubleshooting experience an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.