Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneider’s Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Date: May 13, 2021
Job Title: Site COVID-19 Administrator
Reports To: HR/H&S Advisor
Type: Full-time Salary Contract – 6 months with possibility of extension
Hours: 1 full-time position Monday-Thursday (4:30 am - 1:00 pm) and Friday (3:30 am - 12:00 pm)
Maple Leaf Foods has been monitoring the use of temperature checks as a preventative measure in the workplace. The temperature test is to be used to determine if an individual may have a symptom of COVID-19. Thermal screening is an additional measure to ensure that we are being as proactive as possible.
All individuals entering the facilities will be required to have their temperature taken. It is voluntary with verbal consent. If an individual refuses to have their temperature taken, they will not be permitted to enter the site.
There will either be 1 position working full-time where the successful candidate will work 4:30 am - 1 pm Mondays-Thursdays, and 3:30 am - 12 pm on Fridays.
- Successfully complete the Thermal Screening training conducted by our Senior Leadership Team
- Obtain verbal consent prior to obtaining temperature reading from any individual entering the facility at the beginning of every shift.
- Temperatures will be obtained using a “No Touch Infrared Thermometer” at specific entry points as identified by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Screen employees for symptoms of concern, as per our COVID19 Screening Tool
- Privacy and dignity will be respected, and areas of the plant will be segregated for this purpose while conducting temperature checks.
- If a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher is recorded, the Site COVID19 Administrator will document this on the Temperature Monitoring Form, the individual will be asked to exit the building and encouraged to monitor their symptoms.
- Maintain communication with HR/H&S Advisor daily, or Sr. Production Supervisor / Plant Manager.
- Complete daily audits to ensure compliance of Covid19 protocols.
- Assist with disinfection of common areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in Healthcare
- Nurse (RPN/RN)
- First Responder (Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians)
- Occupational Therapist
- Dental Hygienist
- Occupational Therapist
- Personal Support Worker
- Current certificate in First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible with ongoing changes and updates
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgements involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.