Position: Maintenance Single Ticket - Electrician
Starting Pay: $32.83
Shift: PM (4:00pm - 12:30am)
Hours: FT (8-hour shifts, 40hrs/week)
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a Canadian consumer packaged meat and protein company. At our facilities, our employees work with various types of meat including chicken, pork, and beef in a cold environment.
As this is a FULL-TIME permanent opportunity, we require the availability of 40 hours/week on a permanent basis. The success-sharing program is in effect. Starting rate from $32.33/hr and a valid license is required. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
The Industrial Mechanics
will have direct accountability for troubleshooting, repairing, and installing electrical and mechanical services and equipment in the plant under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager.
Health and Safety:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Have an intermediate grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures.
- Perform PM and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance system.
- Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety standards
- Fulfill basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs c/w requesting assistance where necessary
- Perform machining and sheet metal work for equipment repairs and/or upgrades to meet equipment and Food Safety spec’s
- Communicate daily repair activity with all Dept.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, MSDS, and Master Brand policy requirements.
- Fulfill mechanical requirements of work order programs c/w requesting assistance where necessary.
- Participate in Six Sigma @The Edge Programs and Workgroup Projects
- As part of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities apprenticeship program train and mentor-apprentice employees as required.
- The successful applicant will hold an Industrial Millwright Mechanic License recognized by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities for a minimum of 2 years.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as an Industrial Mechanic.
- The successful candidate must be able to work shifts on a 24-hour/ 7-day week. Previous experience working with SOPs and GMPs is an asset.
- Dual Licensed Electrician and Millwright would be an additional asset. Mechanical abilities and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal and machining is required. Must be accustomed to working with computerized maintenance and inventory reporting system.
- Must possess their own personal and professional hand tools. Practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of heating and cooling systems are required.
- Experience in Ammonia Freon and steam systems is required.
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Lifting up to 60lbs, bending and reaching
- Pushing, pulling, and overhead reaching
- Prolonged standing and climbing (ladder to the hopper)
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Active participation in Work Group meetings
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively, and explore alternative solutions to problems
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Cross-shift communication
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.