Sanitation Lead Hand (Permanent, Full-Time)
90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
- $19.80/hour after 3 months of employment
- $20.84/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
To support the FSQA/Sanitation Supervisor in planning, performing and coordinating sanitation operations at the Hanover Hatchery. This individual will also be required to support the operations during the absence of the Supervisor.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday with a 6 a.m. start time. The starting wage of $18.76. which increases to $20.84 after six of employment. Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment at no cost to the employee (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement).
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
REQUIRED SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Support the FSQA/Sanitation Supervisor in:
- Planning, coordinating and supporting sanitation operations – cleaning and sanitizing equipment, floors, walls, ceilings, filters, ductwork, tops, tunnels, etc.
- Providing day to day direction to sanitation team members
- Monitoring and analyzing sanitation results and make recommendations and/or adjustments as necessary
- Scheduling daily sanitation tasks and supporting company initiatives
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed
- Communicating and supporting HACCP, Animal Care, Health & Safety and other legislated requirements
- Promoting positive employee relations
- Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all HACCP/Animal Care/Biosecurity procedures
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Supervisory/Leadership experience an asset
- High regard for Maple Leaf Foods Leadership Values
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Standard First Aid with CPR ‘A’
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Computer literacy and problem-solving abilities an asset
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. repetitively, including overhead lifting and ability to climb and work from ladders
- Ability to use power hose and work at heights (ladders, tops of setters and hatchers)
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and humidity levels
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Start and end times of work will vary depending on business and production needs
Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position.
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.