Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Position: Refrigeration B Plant Operator (Full-time)
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Shift Time: 7 am - 3:30 pm
Hourly Wage: $30.82/hour
The Refrigeration B Plant Operator has the direct accountability for ensuring the maintenance of facility boilers, chilling units and HVAC units. They will oversee the maintenance and operations of plants utilities under the supervision of the Chief Engineer.
- Maintain/ Monitor/Test log all steam generating requirements by operation code
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to Technical Standards and Safety Authority (T.S.S.A.) Standards
- Participate in plant equipment repairs and installations
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and/or legal requirements
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Utilities Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Understand all operating procedures of our facilities processing equipment and is able to maintain it
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with T.S.S.A. Standards
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP. WHIMS, MSDS and Master Brand policy requirements
- Other responsibilities as required
- The successful applicant will hold a Refrigeration B Ticket in good standing with the T.S.S.A
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment is preferred
- Mechanical abilities and trouble shooting skills are required
- Practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of heating and cooling systems is required
- Previous experience working with SOP's and GMP's is an asset
- The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills and take initiative
- Works well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Must be willing to work weekends where required
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.