Be Part of Something Big!
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours?
We are seeking one (1) qualified and capable individual to work in the Sanitation Department on a temporary basis.
Reporting to the Sanitation Team Leader, the Sanitation Worker is responsible for ensuring all refuse is removed and all equipment and production areas are sanitized in line with Maple Leaf safety and quality standards. This position involves repetitive work with a need for speed, accuracy and attention to detail. You will be required to work at different heights and access hard to reach areas working with cleaning chemicals in a colder temperature.
The temporary employment period will extend over a period of six (6) months. The contract may be extended on a month to month basis or renewed as a permanent contract thereafter, providing available positions within the company as well as the successful completion of your probationary period.
Hours of Work:
Rate of Pay:
- Sunday – Thursday = 10:30pm – 7:00am
$18.13/hour, plus $0.60 night shift premium
- Read, write and understand English
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (25 kg)
- Capable of frequent reaching, bending and stretching
- Ability to work within colder temperatures
- Work well within a team environment
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working at various heights
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
- Maintain good attendance
- Must have own transportation
: (include but are not limited to)
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize equipment and work areas within a specified time frame
- Work at various heights and levels to reach all work areas
- Working in close proximity to food grade chemicals, high pressure hoses, among other sanitation instruments
- Following all safety procedures while working
- Completing other tasks as required
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.