Sr. Finance Analyst- Fixed Assets
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As a member of the fixed assets team the Senior Finance Analyst, Fixed Assets will report to the Manager, Finance - Fixed Assets. The individual will play a key role in the reporting, tracking, analysis, and audit of Fixed Assets, Intangibles Assets and Investment Properties. The individual will be responsible for various aspects of the month end close and will support the business in responding to various enquiries and other projects as required.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Ownership of the fixed assets cycle for the assigned Operation Units which includes the accounting of all capital transactions at project level, release of capital orders for project cost tracking, completion of capitalizations, assets transfers and retirements, review and analysis of assets under constructions
- Reporting of monthly Management Control Report (MCR) for Capital Expenditures and quarterly reporting requirements (Appendices) which includes detailed schedules to support key transactions.
- Organize & complete the C3 self-testing required for 3 quarters. Provide all supporting documentation/information as requested by C3
- Support the Manager in the KPMG audit and other requests as required
- Bring forward to 1-up continuous improvement ideas that can streamline work and create efficiencies
- On-going support, counsel and coaching to MLF capital owner’s
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of journal
- Other duties and special projects, as required
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Accounting Designation (CPA) with a minimum of 5 years of working experience within Finance
- Experience with SAP, BPC and fixed assets cycle
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Detailed oriented person with strong communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and be a dedicated team player
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.