A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The incumbent will be responsible for providing QA leadership to production, QA Techs, QC’s and CVS support for CFIA inspectors.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Support the Food Safety Analyst in maintaining and updating Prerequisite Programs, HACCP, sanitation and preventative maintenance programs as required. (Auditing HACCP, CVS tasks / support)
- Supervises, directs and trains Quality Assurance Technicians and QC’s, including review of work quality, Health and Safety, staffing, and discipline
- Production Supervisor Food Safety + Quality Assurance support
- Coordinate/manage/provide support on various Food Safety and Quality projects and initiatives – HACCP, BRC, EMP, as well as day to day tasks required by the QA Dept.
- Directs and coaches Quality Assurance Technicians in monitoring production, to prevent and resolve any quality issues.
- Assists with employee training, new employee orientation and employee coaching for all Food Safety/GMP and HACCP requirements
- Promotes a positive and professional relationship with CFIA and ensure compliance with all CFIA regulatory requirements
- Conducts in house audits as required
- Investigate and report on food safety investigations in collaboration with other QA team members
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement
- Ordering / Receiving stock for the QA Department.
- Responding to consumer/customer complains.
- Other responsibilities as required
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety
- Post secondary training in Quality Assurance or other scientific training
- Experience in the food industry, preferably the meat industry
- Ability to multi task and maintain focus in a fast paced production environment
- Superior communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A very good working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Ability to motivate and work well with hourly paid and salaried employees.
- Ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.