A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Sales Execution Manager Foodservice Canada
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Growth in the Foodservice market is essential to Greenleaf’s success. You will be a critical link between the sales team and other commercial functions to identify, organize, and enable this growth. A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Track Business Performance
- Responsible for managing Canadian sales projects, launches & leads, working alongside the Canadian Maple Leaf foodservice team
- Connected reporting (i.e. Result reporting, presentation preparation for meeting with SLT members on business performance)
- Refine scorecards, graphs, and databases as necessary; create professional documents that communicate effectively
- Assist/Support sales team with any Greenleaf related questions/concerns/needs
- Capture and catalog win-loss data for the North American Greenleaf FS sales team
- Maintain RFQ/opportunities tracker for team updates
- Work with sales leads to help define business cases for projects and proposals.
- Attend steering meetings to support Canadian projects as necessary.
- Attend internal & external cuttings/Innovation sessions for products as advocate for Greenleaf Canada FS, and help to provide customer perspective and provide observations/actions.
- Work with sales, marketing, PD, and commercial execution teams to monitor progress and risks regarding Canadian FS projects.
- Work directly with customers to ensure they are hitting timelines as they pertain to critical path for projects.
- Support sales team with RFQ's; work with cross functional teams to ensure costing, samples, ingredients, NFP's and specifications are completed on time.
Provide Customer/Category/Business Insights
- Leverage data and insights to help the sales team create value for branded customers as it relates to foodservice
- Use syndicated industry and customer-specific data in analysis, reporting, and recommendations to grow sales.
- Deliver standardized reports and fulfill ad hoc requests from sales leads for key customers and priority initiatives.
- Identify business improvement opportunities (i.e. find gaps, patterns, areas to improve customer performance or margins)
- Work with Greenleaf & Maple Leaf marketing to develop data-driven stories to improve customers’ businesses and launches
- Work with revenue management in post promotional analysis and capture actionable insights.
- Support the Canadian Foodservice sales team as required for strategic customer facing meetings and business planning.
- Build relationships with brokers and customers to develop deep knowledge of Canadian Foodservice landscape
- Help sales and marketing develop and improve tactics to achieve goals aligned to key customer priorities.
- Provide rationale and customer perspective in the development of innovation.
- Responsible for sending and ordering samples for customer meetings and internal use.
- Work closely with PD to ensure benchtop samples are sent out to spec and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and distribute a weekly sample list to PD and sales.
What we have to offer you:
- Act as advocate for Canadian customers and provide informed perspective for broader org understanding and benefit
- Support sales in developing and managing customer item agreements and spec sheets
- Check submission for ad monies & help to monitor trade spend when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.