A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
FSQA Technician (Auditor)
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Quality assurance FSQA Technician (Auditor) is responsible for auditing product at MLF Brandon to ensure adherence to product specifications. He/She liaises with production supervisors and employees to ensure understanding of product specifications and assist in maintaining ongoing compliance with food safety programs.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Must be flexible in hours of work to accommodate position responsibilities necessary over all production shifts
- Auditing Product Specifications – Auditing product according to specifications and also for any other quality issues.
- Temperature monitoring – Using a digital thermometer to take temperatures of the product as require
- Performing follow-ups to corrective actions for customer complaints and/or failed audits.
- Auditing GMPs
- Auditing/verifying the HACCP system
- Data Entry – Entering of data daily as required.
- Providing timely feed back to Production Supervisors on all issues identified in audits.
- Keeping daily documentation of all audit results, identified non-compliances etc and appropriate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Assisting in Six Sigma projects as required
- Performing sampling and testing on the dressing floor as required to ensure plant compliance with CFIA’s HIP program and the plant’s internal CCP (CCP 2B).
- Prevent the on-going production of non-compliant product when non-conformities are observed or identified
- Control any non-compliant product that has been produced, perform a food safety assessment and determine appropriate disposition
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to follow cut sheets, understand written product specifications, standard operating procedures, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Confident in communicating effectively with plant supervisors, management and CFIA.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills and strong communication skills – verbal, written, listening
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to function in a fast paced production environment
- Demonstrated dependability in current position (i.e.: attendance and performance)
- Computer literacy with an understanding of MS Office programs – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Comfortable with mobile technology including tablet/iPads
- Understanding of HACCP & Food Safety will be a definite asset.
- Working experience in the fresh pork industry, knowledge of the different meat cuts and food quality issues will be a definite asset.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.