Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
DISTRIBUTION MATERIAL HANDLER:
The Material Handler (utilizing Walk-behind and Ride-on power equipment) works in the Distribution department and is responsible for accurately staging, verifying, and moving product throughout the production floor. Working with cooler, production and warehouse personnel in order to effectively move product throughout the facility in a past paced environment. The Material Handler will ensure that all material is handled correctly and safely. This operator is a vital role in the day to day operations, and to meeting our daily requirements.
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
- Ensure the production lines are adequately supplied with raw material in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high food safety and Health & Safety standards
- Ability to make repetitive motion movements using arms, hands, and wrists for long periods of time
- Ensure compliance with all HAACP food safety compliance regulations
- Observe all safety rules and regulations including use of (PPE) Personnel Protective Equipment and Material Handling Equipment
- Ensure line is fully stocked of product and that line does not incur stoppage /down time
- Remove product from production lines and ensure it is weighed and stored accordingly
- Use first-in first-out methodology
- Ensure inventory is recorded and accurate
- Reporting deviations to shift Supervisor/Quality
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment and document daily inspections on checklist and report to supervisor any issues that affect the operation of the equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Other responsibilities as required
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
Shift: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
If interested, please send resume by email to: Elisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to our job posting online at www.
careers.mapleleaf.com This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.