Industrial Millwright – Weekend Crew
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
A licensed Millwright will perform tasks to maintain and repair mechanical equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures. S/he will report to the Maintenance Manager.
Weekend Shift: Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday 6:00 am - 6:30 pm. Sunday shift is eligible for double time
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform PM and regular Work Orders and maintain proper documentation to support work completion
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades
- Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
- Operate all power truck equipment, such as forklift and counter balance; reach trucks and walkie/rider
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area(s)
- Manage own work sequence
- Complete required documentation accurately and neatly
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies
- Adhere to all Food Safety, Health & Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices guidelines and applicable statutes and procedures
- Contribute to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Operate production equipment and check performance of that equipment
- Provide efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers
- Fabricate and make repairs using a variety of standard shop tools
- Ability to weld stainless steel (TIG and arc welding)
- Take action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Maintain productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contribute to the team and the facility in a positive manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold a valid and current Certificate for an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- Experience with computers, paperwork accuracy, and SAP
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Physically fit to perform required tasks including heavy lifting greater than 25 kgs
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
- Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to work in a variable temperature environment
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- Must have a complete complement of tools
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment considered an asset
Environment: food manufacturing facility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.