Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people. Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
MILLWRIGHT: The Millwright reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager. Working closely with other team members, this role will have direct accountability for troubleshooting, repairing, installing mechanical/electrical services and equipment in the plant while also being responsible for ensuring that daily preventative maintenance tasks and repairs are carried out accordingly to meet production needs.
• Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
• Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion. Have intermediate grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures
• Perform PM’s and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labor. Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety Standards.
• Fulfill basic electrical trouble shooting and repairs and requesting assistance where necessary.
• Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP Plan, WHMIS, and MSDS requirements.
• Communicate daily repair activity with Maintenance Team, Production etc.
• Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification,
• Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement,
• 3-5 years working experience in an industrial setting
• Knowledge of plant and equipment operations,
• Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision,
• Ability to work in a team based environment,
• Good mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Available for weekend overtime as production demands require.
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
•Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
Want to learn more about what it is like to work for Maple Leaf Foods? Visit our career website at https://www.mapleleaffoods.com/careers/. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment