A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Sr. Supply Planner
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
As a key contributor within the Supply Planning team, the Sr. Supply Planner is responsible for the development of manufacturing and inventory deployment plans to meet corporate service level targets as well as inventory cost objectives by achieving optimized inventory levels through effective execution of inventory management processes.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Plan production for one of our state-of-the-art facilities to ensure that appropriate inventory levels are maintained to provide outstanding service to our customers
- Implement strategies to reduce overall cost of service and working capital
- Manage short term and long-term manufacturing capacity
- Effectively deal with long/short inventory situations
- Develop seasonal inventory builds by examining manufacturing capacity and understanding customer needs. Includes translation of yearly sales volume budget into manufacturing production volume budget
- Partner with sales, marketing, and supply chain managers to mitigate risks around undesired long/short inventory positions by looking at the disposal of long inventory into the most appropriate channels and providing information on length of inventory shortages and root causes.
- Plan and execute production of new product launches to ensure product is viable from an inventory management perspective.
- Achieve timelines and support project resource requirements
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 3+ years in a Supply Planning or similarly related experience within Supply Chain Planning (Demand Planning, Master Production Scheduling, etc.) in a CPG environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance or a related field and/or professional designation in Supply Chain preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with SAP-IBP; experience with SAP-APO is an advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, planning and inventory management methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the supply planning process.
- Exceptional change management skills
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a fast paced, demanding environment
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.