A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Senior Benefits Specialist
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Senior Benefits Specialist will be responsible for supporting the research, analysis, design, implementation, evaluation, communication and execution of Benefits programs and related processes across all business areas in Canada and US. They will be responsible for supporting the alignment of our total rewards programs with business objectives that support organizational strategies. They will be responsible for the delivery of our benefits programs through coaching people leaders, supporting program participants, building internal-client relationships, and supporting the local administration of our programs and processes. Reporting to the Total Rewards Manager, the core responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Responsible for the general administration of the company benefits programs across Canada and the US. Liaise with internal contacts and service providers to resolve issues and find solutions. Provide guidance and timely responses to escalated inquiries.
- Provide consultation to key internal stakeholders on a broad range of benefits programs, policies and procedures: benefits plan administration, disability management, etc.
- Oversee the ongoing execution of benefits administrative processes to provide an effective stakeholder experience, and to ensure organizational compliance with all relevant legislation and plans provisions. Ensure administration of various plans by the HR Services Team is performed according to SLAs, policies and procedures.
- Provide in-depth and timely analysis and internal reporting on benefits and disability program utilization. Identify trends, develop dashboards and provide corresponding recommendations prepare and submit accurate and timely reports as required to ensure compliance with provincial/state and federal regulations, ensuring employee privacy guidelines are followed.
- Audit and reconciliation of monthly benefits payments
- Lead annual benefits enrolment activities including testing and communications
- Keep abreast of market, industry and legislative changes and requirements impacting benefits programs, policies and related administration.
- Develop, implement and maintain communication, training and educational materials. Develop and maintain informational content of company benefits website.
- Participate in various projects/activities as needed
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have strong working knowledge of benefits topics and relevant legislation. Knowledge of US federal and state regulations related to benefits programs is considered an asset.
- Ability to analyze data, understand cost impact to business and develop
- University degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of working experience with Benefits programs administration
- Work experience with HRIS system (SAP/Success Factors considered an asset)
- CEBS and/or CBP designations preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Office programs as well as web-based applications
- Demonstrated customer service focus with ability to forge partnerships within the business
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a cross border team in a collaborative manner
- Ability to handle information with accuracy, security and confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational skills and a proven ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and consulting skills with capability to adapt to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgment for effective decision making
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible