A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Administrative Assistant - Capital Projects
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
This position is responsible for the analysis and processing of all Corporate Engineering capital invoices and administering all MDSS requests. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a sound knowledge of MS Office. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills and will be a self-starter who can handle individual and team challenges in a high-volume working environment. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager, Capital Projects and will work closely with the Project Coordinators, Corporate Engineers and Accounts Payable Department.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Work with Project Coordinators in organizing all capital project invoices to generate an invoice listing to obtain approval from the various Project Managers. Review all approved invoices with Project Coordinators on a weekly basis. Must be able to meet hard deadlines for payment processing with Accounts Payable Teams.
- Review invoice details in SAP and resolve discrepancies for the Corporate Engineering group. This entails working with the Project Managers in settling disputed invoice values, monitoring/rejecting incorrect billings with Project Coordinators and resolving and clearing invoices on the Parks Listing in Accounts Payable
- Organize and maintain all back-up documentation for capital invoices on the Corporate Engineering Share Drive according to the project filing standards.
- First point of contact for Accounts Payable on any posting errors, manual cheques and urgent payment requests.
- Co-ordinate and submit documentation for new vendor, vendor change, vendor extension and vendor block/unblock requests through the MDSS portal. This consists of liaising with the vendor to gather the correct banking information that is required for each request.
- Work with vendors in obtaining confirmations or outstanding invoices to aid in the close out of open commitments on capital projects that have been deemed complete.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of working experience in similar role
- Dynamic and self-motivated, can work effectively within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as effective inter-personal skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills within a fast-paced cross-functional working environment
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through Fluent with MS office software
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.