Maple Leaf Hatchery in Hanover is looking for reliable, team-oriented people who like to learn and have fun at work. This part-time position offers the opportunity to preserve your work-life balance while working with an established, reliable employer.
If you are organized, love working with your hands, and are interested in learning about or already have a passion for food and agriculture then you are exactly who we need to talk to! Consider a production career with Maple Leaf Foods.
Shifts are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday with a majority start time of 6am. The starting wage is $16.43 which increases to $18.25 after six months of employment.
• Determining the sex of day old chicks
• Ensuring quality of product
• Working in different departments as needed (including chick deliveries to farms)
• Other duties as assigned
Opportunity for additional hours
• Working on the transfer crew when needed (Embrex) Saturday’s included
• Working in the egg room on Wednesday’s & Saturday’s
• Working with the sanitation team as needed
Why Maple Leaf Foods, Hanover?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
We also offer:
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
Maple Leaf Foods supplies all necessary safety equipment up to specified amount (Probationary period must be met for boot reimbursement). Please note that there could be changes to the start time due to increased procurement sales and purchases.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Be reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
• Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
• Able to work in a wet/humid environment
• Have the desire to learn
• Be physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull, weight of up to 50lbs overhead
• Have commitment to safe work practices
• Able to work varying and flexible hours until job is complete (including statutory holidays)
• Have good communication and business relationship building skills for interaction with customers
• Adhere to HACCP, Biosecurity & Animal Welfare requirements (Training will be provided)
• Be looking for a long-term job opportunity
• Please note completion of High School Diploma is not required to be successful in this position
If interested, please send resume by fax: 519-364-4692 or by email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. In compliance with AODA Maple Leaf Hanover, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us when we contact you. All applications will be treated as confidential and will be used for recruitment purposes only.