A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant Based Protein Company
We are a newly formed division of Maple Leaf Foods, the largest protein company in Canada, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. We formed this division after the acquisition of two leading brands in the refrigerated plant protein category – Lightlife Foods (located in Turners Falls, MA) and Field Roast Grain Meat Company (located in Seattle, WA). As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we advance our strategic agenda in the plant protein space, remaining agile and quick to react to change. Our focus on growth is laser-like, riding the fast growing plant-protein movement.
Our job is to make great food
Greenleaf Foods, located in Elmhurst, IL embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 400+ employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice
We are seeking an experienced sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to take regional ownership & lead sales efforts and activities for business expansion. Reporting to the Director of Foodservice, the Foodservice Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales and profitability goals within a defined geographic region, as well as target regional chain account management. Important to the success of the role is to manage & build distributor relationships, provide direction and guidance to and through the (newly established) broker network
.A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Develop strong relationships with key regional chains and establish new business
- Establish Greenleaf as a key partner in selling plant-based protein
- Maximize sales volume and gross profit
- With respect to managing local distributors: develop iterative process of identifying potential sales with operators, then working with distributor to order.
- Once product is slotted, call on target customers identified by distributor.
- Develop & execute DSR training on products at monthly sales meetings and territory sales meetings.
- Manage relevant communication between operator and distributor customers regarding their product and service needs with Greenleaf stakeholders regarding new items, promotions or other business opportunities and changes in order to improve market share.
- Develop & Execute business plans and strategies for the region and cultivate high growth partnerships that lead to profitable growth by executing sales strategies, promotions, and trade investment.
- Leverage fact based analysis to manage the business. Establish measurements and goals for an ambitious go-to-market strategy, supported by a comprehensive, analytically grounded sales approach.
- Generate a sustainable revenue stream which aligns with company expectations.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering sales analysis, sales planning, and any required business analytics.
- Responsible for negotiation, administration and management of sales contracts for specified customer base in order to deliver products and services according to plan, within budget and meeting all sales projections.
- Serve as a primary regional source to resolve overall issues relative to pricing, products, inventory or service between Greenleaf and all customers / stakeholders
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- 401K plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5+ years outside sales experience in a Foodservice regional sales manager role in the US
- 5+ years’ experience managing a large regional broker network or sales force and/or regional chain account management desired
- Proven track record of leveraging relationships to achieve business goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related desired
- Ability to work and maintain a flexible travel schedule in order to meet customer expectations and availability, including a Valid US Driver’s license
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills as well as demonstrated effective public speaking & presentation skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.