A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
IS Analyst, Supply Chain (TM & EWM)
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The IS Analyst, TM plays a critical role in the effective execution of enterprise level business system projects and initiatives as they relate to the supply chain process flow. The Analyst will participate in the design, configuration and implementation of Transportation Management (TM) business processes and systems across the organization. The Analyst plays a key role in the development of project plans and timelines as well as change management, business process reviews, design, configuration, testing, and training. Attention to quality and delivering customer satisfaction is vital. The Analyst must focus on adding value to the operation by identifying opportunities to further leverage systems and standardization to the advantage of the business.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Assume business system analysis responsibilities for projects and initiatives related to core Maple Leaf SAP based applications involving TM.
- Key role in implementing standard SAP Supply Chain Management solutions across Maple Leaf Foods.
- Provide coaching and leadership to team members.
- Build and maintain highly effective relationships with key share groups, business and process owners throughout the company.
- Work with other IS and business stakeholders with respect to short, medium and long-term plan development and execution.
- Identify, present and recommend opportunities toward business systems standardizations
- Effective execution of activity base, ensuring timelines, budgets, targets and deliverables are properly monitored and attained.
- Ongoing communications of activities, initiatives and issues with all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, standard operating procedures, and other documentation as required.
- Awareness of customer satisfaction levels with respect to individual and team performance.
- Participate in regular post implementation reviews to ensure projects are measured against actual deliverables, with a focus toward continuous process improvement.
- Participate in regular facility / site visits with an eye toward in-depth understanding of operating unit requirements, challenges and issues.
- Identification of key business issues and/or obstacles related to projects.
- Provide after hours emergency support in the event of a critical system failure.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- 5+ years related experience -including a minimum of 1-2 years configuring and implementing SAP TM solutions
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of Transportation Planning concepts and business practices
- Proven experience with the implementation of SAP based computerized systems, specifically as it relates to definition, analysis, testing, education/training, implementation, and ongoing maintenance.
- In-depth understanding of project management disciplines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal.
- Strong motivator with respect to team dynamics and team building.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude toward problem solving.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business environments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS project tools.
- Past experience with the SAP ECC system or BI a definite plus.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.