A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
3RD OR 4TH YEAR MILLWRIGHT APPRENTICE - BRAMPTON
• Responsible for inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
• Responsible for repairing and/or replacing machinery parts
• Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain power transmission, pump, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic and drawings to determine work procedures and/or order necessary parts
• Perform set up of equipment according to production needs, including change overs
• Perform department PMs, including but not limited to cleaning, lubricate and other routine maintenance work
• Follow all safety and food safety training and department SOPs
• Perform basic level welding including TIG welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding in the flat and horizontal positions
• Perform building and property maintenance as required
• Participate in spare parts control system and follow all department rules and regulations
• All mechanics are responsible for housekeeping and cleaning maintenance shop and area clean – including metal rack, outside scrap bins and welding station
• Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of production equipment in a safe, food safe and timely manner
• Completion of required preventative maintenance duties, work orders and equipment checks
• Actively contribute to the preventative maintenance program by providing recommendations for improvement
• Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required
• Competently operate and monitor any mechanical controls on equipment.
• Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas.
• Participate on general facility repairs
• Ensure that all equipment maintenance and modifications are conducted to minimize cross contamination and ensure product quality and safety
• Comply with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals within a food manufacturing facility
• Take active role in dismantling and assembling equipment and machines for deep cleaning
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
• Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls and high speed packaging equipment
• Basic knowledge about electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safely test common electrical systems and make minor repairs where permitted
• Sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Heavy lifting may be required
• Excellent oral and written communication, and computer skills required
• Experience in a Food Processing facility would be considered an asset
• Experience in a SAP would be an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.