A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Senior Demand Planner – Mississauga
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
The Senior Demand Planner plays key leadership and support roles in the weekly sales forecasting process. The Demand Planning team is responsible for generating and maintaining both lift and base forecasts on a 52 week rolling horizon for all further processed products. Senior Demand Planners liaise with the Customer Business Teams (CBT) on a daily basis to ensure the Supply Chain Planning team has the best possible forecast information (draw timing, volumes, etc).
To be successful in the role, the Senior Demand Planner must possess the business acumen and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with our commercial team and other internal stakeholders.
What we have to offer you:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of 52 wk rolling sales forecast
- Where relationships exist, work directly with our Customer’s replenishment teams to drive insights into future demand
- Use statistical models and other tools and analytics to work with Sales to generate the forecast
- Analyze customer demand information and performance metrics and provides Sales with appropriate feedback
- Provide other functional areas (including Finance and other Supply Chain departments) key demand information
- Maintain feature analysis data and conduct feature post-game reviews
- Responsible for monitoring customer forecast accuracy and address issues / gaps and lead initiatives to improve
- Monitor actual customer demand against forecast and support internal and external communication requirements
- Develop a detailed understanding of the factors that influence promotional demand
- Maintain customer-related demand information: distribution, listings/de-listings, forecasts impacts and ensures information is utilized appropriately
- Be a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Sales and Customers (where applicable)
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning role with exposure to S&OP
- Understanding of supply chain processes and interaction with marketing, sales, finance, and manufacturing / operations
- University degree and / or professional designation required
- Excellent analytical skills –proficient at analyzing large amounts of information/data and drawing fact based insights based on patterns
- Ability to assess both short-term and strategic, long-term impact of alternative courses of action
- Strong business acumen combined with exceptional communication skills –including the ability to provide business insight to multiple levels of management leaders with appropriate level of detail
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf Values
- Superior organizational and relationship building skills
- Proven track record of collaborating successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Six Sigma knowledge is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible