A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
General Supervisor, KILL PM – Brandon MB
Under the direction of the Plant Production Manager the Kill PM General Supervisor is responsible for the direct management, development, and efficient operation of up to 6 Production Supervisors and the indirect management, development, and efficient operation of up to 170 hourly employees working on the PM shift.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Provide direct leadership to the Kill PM supervisory team.
• Ensure effective implementation and compliance with all Health and Safety initiatives and programs.
• Ensuring open and effective communications with other Production areas, QA Manager, Maintenance General Supervisor and all other departments within the plant to maximize production efficiencies.
• Assist with the application and administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
• Providing support to the preparation of the annual budget; and focus on efficient cost-effective management.
• Department Champion for continuous improvement initiatives in technology, upgrading equipment/materials, purchasing, and quality programs.
• Ensure effective implementation and compliance with all Food Safety initiatives.
• Accountable for timely and accurate reports and for the operating budgets for the department
• Accountable for department’s budget and building a strong team.
• Other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with proven performance management and leadership skills.
• Relevant post-secondary education would be an asset.
• Ability to work overnights, start early and finish late.
• Previous technical sanitation knowledge would be an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and motivational skills.
• Well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
• Excellent initiative and leadership skills
• Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
• Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions
• Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment
• Strong computer skills.
• Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset
How to apply:
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please send us your resume, cover letter and required certificates by applying to: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/