A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
RELIABILITY ENGINEER - WINNIPEG
This position is for a technically strong engineer with effective communication and leadership skills, high energy and motivation. The qualified candidate will be working with site and corporate maintenance, asset reliability, and engineering teams. The facility operates over diverse assets/machineries with varying degrees of automation and complexity. The individual will be working independently using structured tools and methodologies (such as RCA & RCM II) combined with his analytical skills to evaluate equipment data and failure history to troubleshoot and determine root causes of failure to establish effective maintenance strategies and standards to continuously improve equipment reliability. Focus for this position is on programs for fixed assets, requiring knowledge of failure modes, corrosion, non-destructive testing and strategies for repair and replacement.
• Work with maintenance professionals and process equipment to improve reliability
• Provide technical support in areas of expertise to troubleshoot and identify root causes of failures and determine best strategy to improve reliability
• Review spare parts strategies to optimize equipment availability.
• Work with several maintenance professionals/technicians, engineers and reliability specialists to improve their skills in trouble-shooting, root cause analysis, and development of proactive maintenance strategies.
• Develop of maintenance and equipment standards as needed
• Function as the point person to address technical issues in several classes of equipment as the subject-matter-expert
• Work with corporate Asset Reliability (AR) group to advance the site reliability maturity in alignment with the corporate strategies.
• Lead and own the site’s RCM initiatives (Asset Criticality Analysis, Critical Spares Analysis, FMEA, MTA (Maintenance Task Analysis), sporadic or chronic RCA).
• Be the driver behind the establishing risk-based, condition-based, and predictive maintenance.
• Interface with internal and global teams to translate improvements.
• Identify, engineer and implement projects/programs in these operations to increase productivity and reliability.
• Routinely monitor process parameters and PdM data of critical systems. Review and analyze the respective performance KPIs to predict and prevent failures. Proactively address operational or integrity issues with corrective action recommendations.
• Proactively address operational or integrity issues with corrective action recommendations.
• Develop and optimize equipment strategies and lead efforts to eliminate performance killers.
• Ensures the transformation to a work process centric organization is achieved and sustained.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
• Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
• Automation or HMI experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated accomplishments in improving equipment reliability
• Working knowledge of equipment maintenance best practices
• Demonstrated skills in RCM II and a wide range of asset reliability concepts.
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively retrieve and analyze data
• Strong working knowledge of SAP
• 5 – 10 years of experience with a focus on reliability and maintenance improvement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.