Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
• Responsible for inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
• Responsible for repairing and/or replacing machinery parts
• Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain power transmission, pump, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic and drawings to determine work procedures and/or order necessary parts
• Perform set up of equipment according to production needs, including change overs
• Perform department PMs, including but not limited to cleaning, lubricate and other routine maintenance work
• Follow all safety and food safety training and department SOPs
• Perform basic level welding including TIG welding, brazing, flame cutting and electric arc welding in the flat and horizontal positions
• Perform building and property maintenance as required
• Participate in spare parts control system and follow all department rules and regulations
• All mechanics are responsible for housekeeping and cleaning maintenance shop and area clean – including metal rack, outside scrap bins and welding station
• Minimize production downtime by responding to production calls promptly
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of production equipment in a safe, food safe and timely manner
• Completion of required preventative maintenance duties, work orders and equipment checks
• Actively contribute to the preventative maintenance program by providing recommendations for improvement
• Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required
• Competently operate and monitor any mechanical controls on equipment.
• Move tools, equipment and other materials to and from work areas.
• Participate on general facility repairs
• Ensure that all equipment maintenance and modifications are conducted to minimize cross contamination and ensure product quality and safety
• Comply with all regulations relating to equipment and chemical approvals within a food manufacturing facility
• Take active role in dismantling and assembling equipment and machines for deep cleaning
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Licensed Millwright
• Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls and high speed packaging equipment
• Basic knowledge about electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safely test common electrical systems and make minor repairs where permitted
• Sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Heavy lifting may be required
• Excellent oral and written communication, and computer skills required
• Experience in a Food Processing facility would be considered an asset
• Experience in a SAP would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.