PORK PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Prowest Pork Sow (Hartney, MB area) – Full Time Positions
Starting Rate: $14.60 per hour
The Pork Production Technician works directly with the Specialist, Manufacturing and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the barn. This position requires the person to be part of a team working towards specific production goals.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs, pressure washing and preparing rooms, as well as general maintenance and cleaning.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in hog production will be considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- A valid driver’s licence and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
- Weekend and holiday hours are required on a rotational basis
Please submit resume to: