Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the MRO Coordinator maintains the inventory management and warehousing long-term strategies based on the consequences of equipment failure and the business’ needs/acceptable risks (i.e., unscheduled downtime versus inventory levels). They consider these business parameters, the tools available and how best to support the maintenance department.
The MRO Coordinator is responsible and is open to change, promotes and maintains a safe working environment through compliance with MLF’s Health and Safety Program. This includes Food Safety and Environmental compliance.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 28. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Work with Planner to ensure all required parts are available prior to the work being scheduled
- Participate and contribute to the scheduling meeting
- Review rework caused by spares failure at installation
- Process all returned parts as required (by reason for return)
- Propose strategies to resolve shortfalls in Inventory Service Levels and Inventory Levels.
- Responsible for the MRO performance management reporting, reviewing and resolution process.
- Participate in design reviews and commissioning.
- Participate in formal weekly meeting with Maintenance, MRO, and Operations to review downtime and plan the following week's maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with Maintenance, Reliability, and Operations, Six Sigma and Engineering.
- Apply the Materials Management process in support planned maintenance operations.
- Regularly review Materials/Inventory Management guidelines with key stakeholders.
- Continuously improve the Materials/Inventory Management performance based on Maintenance and Operational results and data.
- Conduct internal MRO alignment surveys, with ARG.
- Include reliability methodologies in the Materials/Inventory Management process.
- Participate in regular Material/Inventory Management strategy planning sessions.
- Maintain vendor information attached to the material part numbers (I.e. Lead time, vendor part #, etc...).
- Conduct materials requests and approval routing electronically.
- Follow the spare parts disposal process and utilize the decision matrix.
- Set Min/Max levels based on usage rate, usage patterns, delivery times, targeted service levels, equipment criticality and required safety stock levels
- Use online catalogues, where possible, for direct purchases.
- Review past order history for spend analysis.
- Measure, track and improve KPI results for all areas of MRO inventory management.
- Periodically review system for non-treated parts/materials requests and inform Requestor.
- Process parts/materials request to meet time requirement.
- Proactively expedite parts (before due and planned date) with vendors.
- Send reminder to Supplier for late deliveries.
- If delivery date is changed, update in SAP and inform Requestor.
- Verify that parts/materials received conform to the PO and are in good condition. Inform Vendor if the quantity of parts/materials does not correspond to the PO or are damaged.
- Identify new, used, broken and refurbished spare parts in the warehouse and track in SAP.
- Follow the plant split valuation process for repairs/refurbishment requirements.
- Track materials warranties in SAP for major/high value parts and leverage warranties for maximum cost recovery.
- Maintain the spares criticality (ABC classification) in SAP for all inventoried parts.
- Follow a materials non-conformance program including tracking, handling and storage of these.
- Comply with the slow moving and obsolete parts program applying company rules to categorize these.
- Support the shared warehouse location systems and ensure integrity of plant data.
- Ensure provision of care and preservation for spare parts in the warehouse.
- Oversee the documented parts receiving and issuing processes.
- Maintain the barcode / RFID receiving / issuing system (as applicable).
- Regularly review kits with the Planner or End User.
- Ensure all kits are access secure and kits with safety risks are labeled with safety warnings.
- Participate in the Maintenance department's continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts.
- Contribute to the formal and standardized intra-company knowledge sharing process.
- Generate and distribute weekly/monthly MRO performance progress reports following MLF's standard format.
- Use visual management techniques to improve key MRO performance indicator results.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 3 years of experience in an inventory, warehousing or purchasing management role applying proven MRO best practices in an industrial environment.
- Supply management, finance or business diploma is required, while a university degree is preferred
- Result oriented and quality driven with strong leadership, communication skills (written & verbal in English), and works well in a team environment.
- Computer skills including MS Office tools and CMM system.
- Ability to work in a cold temperature manufacturing environment
- CMM system and MS Office tools and with applying Standard Operating Procedures
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.