Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Reliability Technician will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for daily production. They will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
What we have to offer you:
• Salary : Up to $42.06 an hour
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic and drawings to determine work procedures and/or order necessary parts.
Trouble shoot repairs, install processing and packaging equipment with a working knowledge of electrical, utilities and facilities systems to allow efficient repair/replacement result
- Conduct planned preventive & predictive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Actively participate in preventive maintenance program on building equipment processing equipment daily.
Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers.
Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation).
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial equipment and power transmission, pump, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Millwright
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls.
- Knowledge of pipe fitting practices and steam piping.
- Working knowledge of vacuum systems, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Strong SAP skill sets.
- Must be able to work independently, work with contractors and other Reliability personnel
- Perform any other duties as assigned
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.