As a member of the Customer Supply Chain Team, the Customer Supply Chain Representative (CSCR) is the single point of contact for the order to delivery process for an assigned customer and business unit. The CSCR manages the customer relationship and works with cross-functional peers to execute the customer order to delivery process. Additional responsibilities include: managing customer orders through monitoring draws versus forecast, trouble shooting and resolving delivery failures, executing against order programs and policy, managing customer penalty deductions through investigation and working with the customer to reverse and correct root cause. Additionally, this role will be required to manage allocation of product from our 3PL to our customers, working with transportation on delivery options to minimize cost, and providing concise daily communication to the sales team in regard to fill rate and delivery expectations.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Key contact for Buyer or Broker for orders, logistics and inventory flow challenges for all day-to-day activities with assigned customer and business unit.
- Manages customer communication on any issues related to shipments.
- Collaborate with Transportation to determine the most efficient method to delivery product on time and in full to customers.
- Proactively addresses out-of-stock or product shortage issues through monitoring of product resupplies and timing of outgoing orders
- Support supply and production facilities to make deployment decisions based on direct vs. 3PL requirements.
- Own order management and allocation inventory when applicable.
- Manage EDI accounts.
- Manage customer refusals
- Collaborate with production Planning, Sales and Customer Merchandising to work through any order to forecast variance.
- Participates in projects/process to resolve short and long-term customer issues or initiatives.
- Continually looks for ways to improve processes with customers in a way that is aligned with policies and procedures and appropriate controls.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Works in conjunction with Sales and the Fulfillment Director to ensure customer strategic vision and logistical needs are met or exceeded.
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as ocean carriers, air freight forwarders, global consolidators, customs brokers, or trucking companies.
- Contacts carrier (steamship lines and truckers) to book the necessary equipment to move cargo
- Coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules for inland shipments with ocean carriers
- Ad hoc reporting to support processes or process improvements.
- Develop and maintain customer profiles and specific SOP’s.
- Maintenance of key customer fill rate performance scorecards to track service performance.
- Maintain specific department or customer objectives for the assigned account and monitoring through the publication of a daily Key Account scorecard including any corrective actions or next steps being taken to maximize fill rate and on time delivery.
- Responsible for the customer relationship for assigned key account(s).
- Responsible for monitoring customer orders against policy.
- Maintain specific department or customer objectives for the assigned account and monitoring through the Key Account scorecard.
- Accountability and strong management of claims related to assigned accounts.
- Share knowledge with the team and document lessons learned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience/diploma in international logistics or equivalent work experience required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the food industry and working experience with Food retail industry would be an asset
- Knowledge of EDI accounts
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong problem solving, prioritization & organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Ability to excel within a team environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal (one-on-one and in groups)
- Letters of Credit, applications, rules and practices
- Effective negotiation skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to work through conflict for win/win outcomes -consensus builder and facilitator with high self-knowledge
- Self-motivated team player - able to be pro-active and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to forge partnerships with other areas to drive performance across business and functional lines
- System Knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular; experience in SAP an asset
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Values
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best..
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.