As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for the daily production of our products. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees. Our Millwright rate is $44.42, with an additional premium of $0.45/hour for the night shift.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective action
- Perform regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance program
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings/schematics
- Machining and fabricating for equipment repairs and/or upgrades
- Welding of equipment or part repair
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices
What You’ll Bring:
- Red Seal Ticket Preferred
- Must have own hand tools
- Knowledge of plant and equipment operations
- Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overnight shift
- Good mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Available for weekend overtime as production demands require
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.