A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Reliability Planner role at Heritage will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Proactive Maintenance Program based on sound reliability centered maintenance (RCM) strategy, as well as all related documentation. This role will facilitate communication between operations, production planning & reliability teams and will ensure equipment is maintained with minimal production interruption. Maintenance activities will be scheduled using the SAP system. This role will be responsible for preserving the integrity of the CMMS system through table updates, reporting analysis, troubleshooting system issues and minimizing emergency breakdown work.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Provide technical planning and scheduling for short and long term objectives to ensure optimal maintenance effectiveness. Recommend a logical work sequence and resource allocation for designated objectives in collaboration with others. Report on scheduled maintenance versus completed maintenance jobs. Identify and resolve potential problems, recommending opportunities to improve the process and drive increased reliability.
- Demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- Collaborate with all levels to ensure that all preventive and predictive routines are scheduled at predetermined intervals. Develop and maintain annual overhaul plans and conduct related communications with production and maintenance leadership to achieve deadlines.
- Continually analyze and improve the state of current PMs and corrective work orders by conducting weekly meetings with supervision. Determine obstacles and assist with their removal to ensure future work can be completed as scheduled, discuss backlog issues and recurring corrective work orders. Ensure minimal backlog and report seriously overdue maintenance that is not being completed. Follow up on corrective actions resulting from items that cannot be fixed during scheduled PMs. Distribute weekly scheduled PM’s to maintenance supervision so they can schedule their employees' daily activities.
- Analyze reports and troubleshoot areas of downtime concerns, through management of meetings, job site visits and follow up as required with the goal of minimizing amount of machine down time and maximizing equipment up time. Detect trends and provide status reports, diagrams and projections to drive improvements. Provide all levels with assistance on report requirements.
- Resolve all maintenance related issues on a timely manner taking Food Safety, H &S, budget, environment into consideration and using Six Sigma and RCM Methodologies.
- Work with MRO to ensure all parts are available for planned maintenance. Work with appropriate contractors, vendors, manufacturers, internal trades and Project Engineers, for planning, scheduling and executing to reach required Reliability KPI targets.
- Develop SOPs, workflows, and Key Performance Indicators where required.
- Monitor and maintain all aspects of the CMMS system. Be a CMMS Subject Matter Expert (SME). Maintain all related tables in the system. Train employees on system usage. Prepare reports and results from SAP as needed to support Business requests.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of business systems, work practices and schedules through attendance of courses, lectures, reading technical literature, reviewing reports etc.
- Creates a positive work environment for maximizing the business impact of reliability engineering and mechanical integrity programs.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, technology graduate or 5 years of related maintenance trade work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in preventative maintenance planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational, planning / scheduling and time management skills.
- Knowledge of RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- SAP knowledge would be an asset.
- Strong MS Office computer skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.