GENERAL LABOUR (Multiple Schedules Available) - $16.65/Hour
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
WHAT DOING A GOOD JOB LOOKS LIKE:
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Handling fresh and frozen meat products, including chicken, turkey, nd pork.
- Combining ingredients to formulate final mixtures of products to be packaged.
- Loading and unloading microwaves/ovens within the cooking process using automated and manual processes.
- Working in a fast-paced assembly line and standing for extended periods of time.
- Maintaining a sanitary work environment, ensuring compliance with all Maple Leaf Foods policies and procedures, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality Assurance controls.
- Working in various environment which may be cold, damp, hot, dry, dusty, and loud. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and gripping with both hands.
- Prolonged standing.
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements.
- Compliance with GMPs, HACCP, Health & Safety and WHMIS requirements.
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities.
- Positive interaction and information-sharing with Associates and Salaried Team.
- Active participation in Work Group meetings.
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems and improved ways of completing job tasks.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.