Qualification and Position Requirements:
Employees in these positions will put empty trays into the denester and place appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
Equipment & Trouble Shooting Skills:
Quality & Food Safety Skills:
- Rotate competently within all positions of the work cell
- Take an active roll in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical and production issues and communicate problems to lead hand, supervisor and/or maintenance (i.e., film changeovers)
Health and Safety:
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials, weight checks, gas and program settings)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks
(Lockout / Tagout may be applicable)
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Frequent reaching and standing are required
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
- Employees may be required to complete a comprehension testing
- Employees will receive the necessary training and may be required to complete an evaluation in order to receive the higher wage rate within this categories progression
Depending on Production requirements, employees may be assigned alternate work on other lines