A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position requires an individual with extensive experience in project management with the ability to multi-task in order to complete medium to large sized projects simultaneously.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Develop and manage (Capital) project plans, operations, budgets and schedules (annual and multi-year) and prepares CER's (Capital Expenditure Requests)
- Assist senior management in developing and justifying capital expenditure requests
- Investigate practical, cost-effective and innovative plant improvement solutions
- Utilize and incorporate Six Sigma and other project management tools, methodology and principles
- Negotiate contracts and supervise equipment vendors, service providers and contractors
- Actively participate in company initiatives; e.g. Innovation, Share groups, MyMLF, Energy Efficiency
- Manage and develop the capital plans of the Plant Manager, Production, Maintenance Managers, Engineering and all other functions to achieve low cost producer status.
- Develop and present Construction Plans for approval for all project activities that impact Food Safety
- Manage & Supervise all project activities when on site.
- Create and manage project budget based on agreed scope.
- Form and manage project schedules.
- Utilize project management tools
- Provide daily interactions and support with user groups, post project completion to ensure complete project success
- Other responsibilities as required
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Proven experience in Project Management as a Project Manager.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Proven track record of handling multiple medium to large sized projects.
- Team player with effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning abilities combined with practical business sense.
- Strong AutoCAD Design Software skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Project Management software).
- Working knowledge of industry codes and regulations e.g. OH&S, WHMIS, HACCP.
- The flexibility to support project during off hours and weekends if ever required.
- Knowledge and experience with Food industry would be an asset.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.