A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Student Intern, Supply Chain Management (Procurement) – Mississauga
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
What we have to offer you:
- You will conduct component/part pricing benchmarking
- Create presentations and reports using Excel, Access & PowerPoint on various topics
- Understanding supply chain metrics related to pricing, inventory management and lead times
- You will Assist a team of category managers on day to day activities
- Send quote tenders to suppliers to establish cost and working with manager to set pricing
- You will have exposure to SAP and internal databases and applications. In some case, will work with business and IT to maintain and develop new applications
- Consolidates, tabulates and analyzes data
- You will be involved in transformation projects supporting the broader business growth objectives of Maple Leaf Foods
- Work is guided by detailed instructions, routines, and procedures. Works under close supervision and receives detailed instructions on all work assignments. Once proficiency in the tasks is achieved, intern will work autonomously and be given more complex duties
- You will work directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members
- You will work with colleagues and suppliers around the globe gaining international experience
You will develop the following skills
- Opportunity: Job experience in the largest Canadian-based CPG company
- Innovation: We look to our employees to implement new ideas and improve the way we do things
- Collaboration: Students work as part of global teams, enabled by collaborative technology
- Sustainability: We uphold strong ethics, reduce our impact on the environment and empower employees to give back to the community with two paid days off per year to volunteer
- Development opportunities: including soft skills courses, innovation projects and mentorship
- Networking: Our students have the opportunity to network and develop lasting relationships with the intern community and their team members
- Fun: Our interns have the opportunity to participate in fun activities including intern social events, Maple Leaf Foods’s charitable initiatives and community events.
Benefits for Students Include:
- Supply chain business practices
- Communication skills
- Detailed Analytical skills
- Advance proficiency in various SAP & Microsoft products
- Project management experience
- Global supplier interaction
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience working for one of the largest Canadian global CPG companies
- Possibility of a student on-call position after completion of internship
- Possibility of a full-time position after completion of degree
- Access to Maple Leaf Foods’s development programs and projects
- Maple Leaf Foods's Time Off to Volunteer program – two paid days off to volunteer per year
- Fun intern activities including celebration events and networking
- Internal recognition programs and rewards for stellar performance
- Discounted fitness memberships
No formal experience is required.
Currently enrolled in a University Internship program completing 3rd year of a 4-year program. Enrolment in an Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics and Business Management is preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.