A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Project Finance Analyst - Contract
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Project Financial Analyst (PFA) is responsible for tracking and analyzing the project’s capital finances and entry of data in the Cost Management Tool. The PFA tracks and reviews costs as they relate to the project budget, analyzes trends and highlight deviations from baseline budgets. The PFA carries out these responsibilities in coordination with other key project team members and stakeholders.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Track all expenditures on the project and maintaining a detailed log of all costs and changes, utilizing the Cost Management Tool
- Validate data entered into Cost Management Tool and initiate amendments, if required
- Liaise with members of the project team to get up to date project information for construction, process equipment, project management and Information Systems
- Review legitimacy of the documents submitted for payment for construction, with alignment of project team member
- Review and provide insights and analysis in determining projected final costs, in coordination with the project team member
- Completion of accruals for the project
- Create financial reports to track spending in relation to the budget for management and accounting. These reports would include:
- Cash Flow
- Currency Exchange impacts on budget
- Costs related to Changes
- Monitor that applicable holdbacks are taken and that repayment is correct
- Provide accurate capitalizations to the fixed asset team
- Determine the final project cost on completion of construction
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Accountability for analytics and accurate and timely delivery of reports
- Informing project team and stakeholders on critical data requirements
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst
- Proficient Excel and an aptitude to learn new software when required;
- Experience in SAP an asset
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and Team player
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and independently prioritize own work
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Values
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.