ELECTRICIAN - AFTERNOON SHIFT
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
A licensed Electrician will perform tasks to maintain and repair electrical systems in accordance with standard operating procedures. S/he will report to the Maintenance Manager however will receive direction from the Production Supervisor(s) on daily work that requires completion.
• Trouble shoot electrical devices, A-B PLC’s and have a proactive approach to solving problems
• Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
• Operate all power truck equipment, such as stacker, forklift, and counter balance, reach trucks and walkie/rider.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work area(s).
• Manage own work sequence.
• Complete required documentation accurately and neatly.
• Follow standard operating procedures.
• Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies.
• Adhere to all food safety, health & safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices guidelines and applicable statues and procedures.
• Commitment to Maple Leaf Foods Safety Promise.
• Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
• Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
• Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
• Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
• Other responsibilities as required
• Provincial Certificate for Electrician ‘A’
• Experience with computers, paperwork accuracy, and SAP
• Successfully pass in house power truck theoretical and practical training and tests
• Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
• Physically fit to perform required tasks including heaving lifting greater than 25kgs
• Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
• Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
• Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
• Variable temperatures
• Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Able to perform repetitive lifting and shoveling
• Basic computer experience and knowledge with SAP is an asset
• Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
• Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.