Maple Leaf Foods in North York is accepting applications for the Area Supply General Labour position within our Prepared Meats facility located at 92 Cartwright Avenue, North York, ON, M6A 1V2. Come join our team!
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What's Right
- High Performance
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Intense Curiosity
- Shared Value
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Our Accountability
- Transparency and Humility
$15.02 per hour
6:00 am - 3:30 pm; Monday to Thursday
6:00 am - 12:00 pm; Friday
(as per the business needs)
The Area Supply works in the Production department. This person works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for the supply and transfer of product for the Production lines and other food processing activities. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to the quality of our products.
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Checks and weighs materials, ingredients and/or product
- Responsible for inventory, and various SAP functions (Goods issue, receipt and reversal)
- Maintain organization of coolers and freezers with product ensuring that product is being removed based on best before dates (oldest product first)
- Uses hoist to unload and transfer product, supplies production line, records all transferred product in monitoring form
- Assists in the receiving of deliveries of product
- Moves and lifts skids, tanks and combos
- Works on the production line when necessary
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Dedicated to creating a high quality product that consistently meets product specifications
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting and shoveling
- Able to lift up to 25kgs
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Must have a valid BT license, or be willing to obtain one
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
Please apply online or in-person today!
All applicants must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada