The successful applicant must:
- Be able to install, troubleshoot, and repair complex production equipment with minimum supervision
- Enhance equipment performance, recommending improvements and implementing.
- Works from drawings, written or verbal instructions and sketches
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify mechanical/electrical problems
- Operate production equipment and check performance as required
- Be strong on PM (preventative maintenance) procedures in a 24 hour/day operation
- Have proficient knowledge in use of computerized maintenance management system.
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Knowledge of packaging, cooking, and breading equipment would be an asset.
- Previous work experience in a meat/food processing environment is also an asset.
- Electrician license
- Millwright knowledge & experience preferred.
- Must supply your own tools.
- Interaction and communication with employees at all levels is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Working safely at all times is a must.