Finance Lead - Heritage (Hamilton, ON)
Put your financial management and leadership skills to work at a purpose-driven, carbon neutral food company whose purpose is to Raise the Good and be Food while the Most Sustainable Protein Company on Earth.
Maple Leaf Foods has been ranked by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers.
Our flagship prepared meats plant in Hamilton, Ontario, seeks a finance lead to work closely with plant management to identify opportunities to improve results within the plant. As a key member of the site leadership team, the role leads site budgeting, cost-reporting and forecasting, and supports the site governance processes and financial metrics. This position also provides day to day direction of a team of five finance staff.
Other responsibilities include:
What Maple Leaf can offer you:
- Timely and accurate daily,weekly and monthly cost reporting
- Financial forecasting, interpretation and reporting
- Supporting new product costing (from development to launch)
- On site responsibility to ensure accounting procedures adhere to IFRS, internal control programs, and approved corporate policies
- Providing guidance and coaching to non-finance managers regarding issues of financial control and compliance
- Ensuring Cost of Poor Quality is accurately and completely recorded for the site
- Being a key part of the day to day management and control of inventory working actively with other functions.
What you will bring:
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
Our Leadership Values
- Post-secondary Education in a finance/business related program required
- At least 5+ years of progressive manufacturing costing experience in an ERP environment (SAP Ideal)
- Professional accounting designation (CGA, CA, CMA)
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to work and provide coaching and mentoring within a team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills plus the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non- financial functions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Doing what’s right
- Shared value
- High performance teams
- Diverse and inclusive teams
- Disciplined decision-making
- Our accountability
- Intense curiosity
- Transparency and humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.