The Reliability Technician will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used in the facility for daily production. They will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
The Reliability Technician will be responsible for effective troubleshooting, repair, installation, and preventative maintenance of facility electrical distribution systems and equipment in an industrial setting. They will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and code specifications to determine lay-out of industrial equipment and installations
- Conduct planned preventive & predictive maintenance and keep maintenance records
- Actively participate in preventive maintenance program on building equipment processing equipment daily
- Efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers
- Assist in planning, organizing of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation)
- Program, troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial equipment and automation including PLCs, HMI, frequency drives, temperature control and other related devices
What You’ll Bring:
- Certified Journeyman Electrician with 5+ years’ experience. Preference to those with proof of completing the Industrial Apprenticeship Program
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed slicers, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls and high speed packaging equipment
- Strong working knowledge of HMI's, electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safely test common electrical systems and make minor repairs where permitted
- 442A licensing an asset vs. 309A
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- • Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.