The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and maintenance of Maple Leaf Food’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) programs. This includes but is not limited to assisting in the development of safe work procedures, training, assisting in claims management, investigations, workplace inspections and training coordination.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 13. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Assist in the identification and reduction of Health and Safety risks and hazards.
- Assist in maintaining supply and inventory of health and safety equipment and supplies.
- Maintain HSSE metrics and documentation with the ability to present this information to applicable parties.
- Design and deliver training programs for workers, management and Safety Committee members to comply with legislative requirements.
- Ensure documentation is logged and filed for quick reference.
- Maintain the HSSE Training Matrix, make recommendations on what training to complete, and organize training with internal or external vendors for the applicable departments
- Assist the JHSC with scheduling meetings, ensuring workplace inspections are completed and take Minutes for distribution
- Support the H&S Department
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in health and safety
- Knowledge of health and safety laws and legislation
- Meeting regulatory filing and reporting requirements (OHS related)
- Reinforce company values and execute on our Top 5 Priorities
- Maintain positive relations with employees
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and analytical skills
- 1-3 years of experience in health and safety
- Computer skills – Strong proficiency in Excel and Word is required
- Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.