Do you consider yourself a team player? Are you double-vaccinated and eligible to work in Canada? If so, we want to hear from you! At MLF Port Perry, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members and producing quality products!
What's in it for you?
- Hourly Rate: $37.01
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Shift: Rotating days/afternoons
- Opportunity for overtime
- Benefits available approx. 2 months after start date.
- Pension after 1 year of continuous service
- Tool allowance
- All PPE is provided to employees (boots, hearing protection, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Opportunities for growth and training development
- Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
- Provide efficient production equipment set up, inspection and shutdown of all related equipment when required, including process changeovers
- Fabricate and make repairs using a variety of standard shop tools
- Ability to weld stainless steel (TIG and arc welding)
- Operate all power truck equipment, such as forklift and counterbalance; reach trucks and walkie/rider
- Complete required documentation accurately and neatly
- Perform duties in accordance with all regulatory bodies
- Adhere to all Food Safety, Health & Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and good manufacturing practices guidelines and applicable statutes and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must hold a valid and current Certificate for an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- Experience with computers, paperwork accuracy, and SAP
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Physically fit to perform required tasks including heavy lifting greater than 25 kgs
- Ability to follow directions and work as a team player
- Must be willing and flexible to work shifts as scheduled
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to work in a variable temperature environment
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- Must have a complete complement of tools
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment considered an asset
- You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.