As an important link in the end to end supply chain and as a member of the Inventory Deployment team, the Planner is responsible for the development of inventory deployment plans to meet business service level targets while optimizing warehouse capacity, minimizing distress sales and transportation costs.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by November 30 2023. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Creation of weekly/daily deployment plans to determine appropriate levels, taking corrective action when inventory position is long or short.
- Identifies and executes efficient and cost-effective inventory deployment practices (right quantities, in the right place, at the right time), always with a lens to best support sustainability.
- Identifies and executes alternative storage and shipping strategies when necessary.
- Coordinates the efficient replenishment of finished goods inventory from MLF plants through corporate and 3rd party distribution centres.
- Performs root cause analysis and identifies solutions to proactively manage excess/shortage of inventory to eliminate reoccurrences.
- Effectively problem solves to support our customers.
- Closely supports important commercial activities such as product launches/seasonal builds/promotions and features by executing the inventory deployment strategy to ensure maximum product availability.
- Works cross-functionally with Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Distribution, 3PL, Customer Fulfillment, Transportation and Manufacturing teams to meet/exceed Supply Chain KPIs targets.
- Regularly maintains master data and transportation network in SAP/IBP.
- Participate or lead improvement projects within the team.
- Creates new digital tools/dashboards/apps to support process improvement and to advance the digitization of our supply chain.
- Leads the sharing of best practices in the spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration
What You’ll Bring:
• Post-secondary education and/or professional designation in a related field
• 2-4 years experience within Supply Chain
• SAP ECC, IBP experience • Strong understanding of the overall supply chain process and its interrelationships with other functional areas
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills with a bias for fact-based planning
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, oral & written communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including intermediate/advanced Excel skills
• Demonstrate a curiosity to critically review and improve the efficiency of internal processes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple teams with competing interests
• Strong change management skills
• Appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
• Ambassador for Maple Leaf Values
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.