As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Brand team, the Manager, Consumer Insights brings an intimate knowledge of consumer preferences and interactions with our products through qualitative and quantitative analysis using a broad range of tools and data sets. This individual understands how consumer insights can play a strategic role in organizations, and has the capabilities to analyze data, reveal trends and patterns, and translate these into insights that generate growth based on an understanding of the key drivers behind consumers’ needs, wants, and future expectations.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Work as a key business advisor to drive business growth based on consumer understanding
- Design research programs, using most appropriate quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies, to identify business opportunities and to address business needs of Maple Leaf Foods’ brands and products
- Proactively engage in opportunity assessments and risk mitigation to facilitate/maintain product adoption/usage
- Deeply understand the target consumer to drive a stronger relationship with our brands
- Conduct, analyze and present key findings/insights from primary research using licensed quantitative tools
- Accelerate innovation via strategic project support, concept development, and by conducting thoughtful primary research
- Synthesize latest relevant trends from secondary resources to identify most compelling sources of changing consumer purchase behaviours. Share insights with broader marketing team on a regular basis.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with strong cadre of Market Research service providers and remain current regarding latest methodologies that could be effectively employed at Maple Leaf Foods.
- Increase the literacy of Consumer Insights across the Commercial team
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-7 years of successful experience in an Insights role within a B2C environment
- Highly knowledgeable in quantitative and qualitative market research methods and an experienced user of SPSS
- Track record of extracting key insights and translating them into workable recommendations
- Strong analytic skills – able to synthesize information from multiple, sometimes incomplete, data sources and to identify a coherent narrative
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Positive, curious, creative and innovative thinker with the ability to energize and influence
- Strong business acumen, self-motivated and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate complex organizational structures and influence accordingly
- University degree and/or graduate of Research Analyst program
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.