FULL-TIME NIGHT SHIFT LIVE HANGER $20.92/hour (Sun-Thur 9:21pm - 5:51am)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
· Receiving, handling & hanging of live chickens according to humane animal welfare standards
· Works in the receiving bay to unload crates from trucks & reload empty crates onto trucks
· Other responsibilities as required
WHAT DOING A GOOD JOB LOOKS LIKE:
· Directly helps to meet targets and goals while maintaining a safe & healthy work environment
· Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
· Dedicated to creating a high-quality product that consistently meets product specifications
· Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
· Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive lifting and hanging
· Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
· Must be comfortable handling and working with live chickens
· Ability to move crates
· Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
· Good communication skills, able to speak and read English